There is only one thing positive that comes out of having overly ripe bananas in the house. Yep! You guessed it, Banana bread. Honestly what is better than the smell of banana bread right out of the oven? nothing, thats what! The recipe is so easy, so delicious and so… well I wish I could write healthy but I think thats probably going too far. Oh well, you deserve a treat!
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1/2 cup self raising flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 125g melted butter
- 2 eggs
- 3 ripe mashed bananas
- 250g dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius and grease your cupcake trays (this makes roughly 12 large sized muffins).
- Combine all the flour, sugar and cinnamon in a large bowl. Stir with a wooden spoon until combined. Then combine the melted butter eggs and banana and mix well.
- Spoon the mixture into the baking tray and leave in the oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Once cooked, set on a wireless rack to cool briefly and serve warm
These are honestly the tastiest muffins I have ever baked!
What are your favourite muffins to bake?