CINNAMON AND SULTANA KNOTS:
2 cups flour
1 tbsp instant yeast
2 tsp sugar
pinch of salt
1/2 cup warm water
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp butter (melted)
Inside the knot:
3 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp cinnamon
3 tbsp sultanas (or other dried fruit)
1. In a large bowl, place the flour, instant yeast, sugar, salt and warm water. Mix together with a wooden spoon until combined, and then knead for 6-7 minutes until smooth and elastic.
2. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until risen. Roughly an hour.
3. When ready, roll the dough so it is even and roughly 0.5cm thick. Spread your sugar, cinnamon and sultanas (or other dried fruit you desire) on the top and roll again.
4. Using a sharp knife, cut the dough into roughly seven parts. Roll each into balls, and then into ropes. Make a knot out of it and place it on your baking paper.
5. Brush the tops with melted butter and bake at 200° for 20 minutes or until golden brown.